Saturday morning we got up for a grueling 9 mile run. Luckily the weather cooperated, although it was a lot more humid than it normally gets around here. Kristen made 6 miles, Katie and Jordan survived their 9 miles, and I decided to be the super achiever and run 12. We were all pretty beat up afterwards, and pretty stinky too.
We showered, ate lunch in Boulder, then headed to Denver to check into the swanky Hotel Monaco. It was within walking distance of Coors Field and a lot of the other downtown hot spots, which was nice. We thought we got lucky with the parking, but ended up having to pay for it after all.

After a good long nap, we headed down to Coors Field and had a good time watching the Rockies whoop up on the Dodgers. The seats were the best I've ever been in at a game, right behind home plate, and back about 17 rows.

We stayed out late (for us, anyway), Kristen switching from "Footloose" dance moves to "Riverdance" moves this year. She likes to keep things fresh. Unfortunately I didn't think to capture any of that in picture or video.
After the full day of activity on Saturday, we took it pretty easy on Sunday. Kristen made great progress getting the house ready for the Canada trip. I measured out the Focus for packing a few coolers and luggage in. I think we'll be fine with three people, a dog, and a slightly lighter load of luggage than normal.
The excitement for the Canada trip is building. In two weeks I hope to be out on the lake somewhere fishing.
1 comment:
Hope you have a great trip to Canada. Relax, sleep late. enjoy the sounds in that quiet land. Ma
Post a Comment