Tuesday, July 24, 2007

We headed to Grand Junction on Friday evening to join in for Jordan's surprise birthday party on Saturday. The traffic was pretty bad along I-70, but we made it there in one piece.

The next morning we met up with Katie, and spent most of the afternoon driving around Grand Junction running errands. Kristen and Katie both picked up the last Harry Potter book at some point. We had a close call when Katie spotted Jordan across the street at the ATM. It's been quite a few years since I've ridden in a car ducked down, trying to avoid being spotted.

Jordan was genuinely surprised, although he did spot a few items in the garage that weren't normally there. We ate a lot of good barbeque and drank a lot of beer. Kristen and I both decided to sit out of the Texas Hold'em tournament, our skills were not up to the proper level to compete.

Sunday we headed back to Boulder, again fighting traffic on I 70. I went for a 9 mile run Sunday evening, Kristen wussed out. On to the week at work!

No comments: