Monday, July 16, 2007

It was a weekend of spending money. It wasn't as fun as one would hope.

We started out on Sunday by running our four mile time trial. Kristen really improved her time since the spring, running her fastest four miles ever. I ran a few seconds slower than I did in the spring, but it sure felt like I was going fast.

I then went to the tire store to balance the tires on the Focus in preparation for the trip. Before heading over to the store, I noticed that the front tires were nearly bald. So, I ended up with a new set of tires by the time things were all said and done.

Kristen and I then headed down to the "Bass Pro Shop" down in Denver. Her dad had given her a gift certificate for the place, so we figured we'd spruce up the tackle box. The place was amazingly huge. 186,000 square feet huge. After wandering about 7 long aisles that had nothing but rubber worms, I knew we were in for a long shopping experience.

We ended up with a lot of new stuff, some of which we needed, some of which just looked cool. We got a bigger better tackle box, since the old one was already pretty full.



Sunday was a lot more laid back. We went and spent more money at the running store. It got into the mid 90's, so we didn't really feel like doing a whole lot, especially with the busy Saturday behind us.



We've been grilling as much as we can. The "new" grill works great, here are some kabobs from last week.



I've also been biking into work a lot. This is my sixth consecutive week of biking in. I'm averaging about 75 miles a week, saving on gas, getting exercise, enjoying the outdoors, etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like Kristen is ready. Have fun and I hope you catch the big one. Ma