Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

OK, I'm catching up quickly with the posts. New Year's Eve Kristen and I stayed at home, as has become the tradition. She cooked a big dinner, and we had a bit of wine. Kristen and I couldn't quite make it to midnight, turning in around 11:30.

Since Kristen and I both had Tuesday off, Kristen suggested we go snowshoeing. It seemed like a great idea, we haven't spent much time exercising outside for a long time. We found a few more friends who were interested, and soon headed off toward Nederland with Mike, Jeff, and Ann. We got a bit of a late start, as the rest of the party were still recovering from the previous night's festivities.


This gave us an excuse to use some of Christmas gifts. Kristen and I both wore our new REI shirts, and we got to use Kristen's new canvas bag to pack all our stuff in.


After a few miles of tromping around, we headed back into Nederland for some early dinner. Kristen has signed up for a 5k snowshoeing walk/race and vowed to get out a few more times before the event.

No comments: