
It was a lot of fun seeing the guys, Joe hadn't changed much, and it'd been so long since I saw Matt that I couldn't really remember what he was like in the first place. We headed out to the Silver Dollar had stayed out until they closed the place down.
I spent some time on Thursday setting up a new computer for Mom, and cleaning up the old one. Everything seemed to go smoothly, and Ma was excited to have a newer faster computer.
Thursday evening the reunion started up properly with everyone meeting at the country club for drinks. It was fun running into a bunch of people that I knew in a former life. Some were easy to remember, others were a bit more difficult to recall. Most of us ended up at the Dollar again, luckily I called it a night around 1 am. The other guys weren't so lucky, and stayed out past 4.

The Barbeque the next day was fairly rained out. It only lasted a few hours, everyone said goodbye, and that finished up the reunion activities. The family unit headed up the Southfork, hoping that it hadn't rained up there too much, but we had to turn around due to a locked gate.
Saturday involved Ma heading up the Northfork for a retreat with some friends. Dad stayed in the shop to work, I wandered around Cody for most of the day. We went out and enjoyed the fireworks that evening. I'd forgotten how impressive fireworks are.

Meanwhile, Kristen decided to head up to Trailridge road, which had recently opened for the year. It sounds like she had a good time, saw some elk, some beautiful scenery, and got stuck in a pack of Porsches that were making the trip. We're going to make another trip back that way once our weekends empty up.
Our garden has really started to produce. The lettuce and radishes are pretty much eaten. Our broccoli has done better this year than ever. We have pees, cucumbers, a few peppers, cilantro and a few tomatoes ripe. We've made a few great salads, but really need to plant some more lettuce if we want that to continue.
No comments:
Post a Comment