Monday, July 20, 2009

Busy Saturday

Friday night we headed out to lovely Fort Morgan in order to sleep closer to Kristen's duathlon start point in Wiggins Colorado. Both of those places are way out in the middle of nowhere. I felt like we might as well keep driving and head to Canada.

Kristen and Bridget got up early and headed to the start line. Matt and I were lucky enough to sleep in a little bit, and managed to make it to Wiggins in time to see them take start the race.


They both did well, Kristen had one of her fastest 5k times yet, but ran into some issues on the biking portion of the race. She forgot to hook up her front brakes, but luckily it was such a flat course that she didn't need them.

Afterward we headed back to Boulder, took a nap, then headed out for dinner with the Nedrows. We had fun socializing with them, and managed to call it an early night, much to Kristen's relief.

We got up early and ate breakfast in town near my work. Kristen dropped me and my bike off, and I managed to work the entire day. Kristen did some gardening, and had some lovely fruit salad and kraut burgers waiting for me when I got home. Our head of cabbage was finally put to use!

No comments: