I've been biking to and from work every day. I'm not going to make my 40 consecutive bike trips like I did last year, but I've got quite a few weeks worth under my belt. Kristen's been on her bike quite a bit more than last year too, meeting me at work a few times for the bike ride home. Even though we did a lot of bike shopping last week, we're having trouble finding just the right new bike for Kristen.
Saturday involved meeting up with Kristen's mother Joni and sister Allison (with son Maddock) to celebrate Joni's birthday. We went to the Butterfly Pavilion to look at bugs and a lot of butterflies. Unfortunately Maddock was feeling sick, and he didn't get to enjoy the sights as much as he might have otherwise.
![]() | ![]() |
On Sunday I convinced Kristen to do a big bike ride. There was some miscommunication, she didn't realize a good part of the ride would be on winding mountain roads, with no bike lane. Near the end of the ride she was not happy with me as a person. Luckily she quickly cheered up after getting off the road.
![]() | ![]() |
On the trip we spotted a house that was within our budget, close enough to Boulder, was sized correctly, and looked interesting. We tried calling the realtor, and had to settle with leaving him a message.

We stayed in Boulder for a few hours, taking in the sights. Some kind of festival was going on, and the place was packed. They had set up zucchini races for the kids. They could decorate their zucchinis, stick wheels in them, and race them down a slot-car like course. It looked like fun to me.

On Monday we got a call back from the realtor, saying we could swing by and check the house out at any point, it was unlocked and no one was living there. Kristen wasn't up for another bike ride out there for some reason, so we drove to the house to check in out.

Unfortunately the house was a little too "funky". It had been drastically modified by several owners, and there was a huge hodge-podge of heating systems, additions, and strange alterations to the base house. I believe I spotted solar heat collectors, central air, propane space heaters, a huge heating wood stove, and two gas fireplaces. The kitchen and main bathroom would have had to be redone, several walls would have had to been ripped out, etc. Too much work. Oh well, the search continues.
We also went on a long run on Monday to round out the weekend. Kristen is starting her final class for school, and had a lot of homework to do for it. I spent some time on the computer while she did her school work.




No comments:
Post a Comment