
There were more churches and donut shops than I'm accustomed to. We passed a Midas store had "God is Awesome" on their sign. I half expected to spot a church that had "All mufflers: 20% off!" on their sign.

Thursday night I met up with my old roommate Brian, who I hadn't seen in 5 years or so. He has a few kids now, but is pretty much the same guy. He and his wife are starting up a daycare center, which sounded like quite an undertaking.
Saturday morning Kristen and I got up early and ran 11 miles. Although we both felt pretty good directly after the run, we felt progressively worse as the day wore on. We did make it down to Pearl Street for lunch and some window shopping. We laid pretty low Saturday evening, watching a movie at home.
On Sunday we biked into town in the late morning. We tried a new place for breakfast , it was amazingly packed, and Kristen was having personal space issues. She never pulled out her karate moves, but came close to decapitating some unsuspecting patron.
We peddled around a bit, stopping at REI to check out their sale. Kristen test road a few road and cyclocross bikes. She didn't pull the trigger on any of them, but I suspect she'll pick up a road friendly bike soon.
The rest of the day involved me doing computer stuff, while Kristen cooked up a storm in the kitchen. We have a surplus of zucchini, so zucchini cookies, bread, and brownies were made. She also froze a bunch of shredded zucchini for later use.
![]() | ![]() |
Kristen harvested quite a few peppers from the garden as well. She's been charring and peeling them as appropriate, for later use.
![]() | ![]() |
We had BLTs for dinner, using lettuce from the garden, and our first beefsteak tomato. The tomato was amazing, hopefully we'll get a bunch more before the frost hits.




No comments:
Post a Comment