Sunday, September 21, 2008

Two weekends ago I headed to Rapid City to see Ma and Nono. I took off after work on Friday, and had a pretty smooth drive to Rapid, arriving around 11:00.

The next morning I met up with Nono around 10:30, and mom showed up a little bit later. We had breakfast in the private dining room, and then decided to go for a drive. We headed up to Spearfish, then took the scenic route back to Rapid via Spearfish Canyon and a few other back roads.


We stopped at various points to see the sights. Nono listed the different colors of foilage she was spotting, and was quite sure we were on the same road that her and I used to drive between Rapid and Cody.


We stopped at Roughlock falls and got out to walk around a bit. Nono did pretty well on the walk. I also learned that the parents had spent part of their honeymoon at a nearby inn (Latchstring Inn?) The original buildings were no longer there, but mom seemed to remember the place well.


We got back to Rapid, and had some cheese and crackers in Nono's room. We then headed off to dinner at Bottecellis. Bob and Marie showed up as well, it'd been quite a few years since I'd seen either of them. We had an enjoyable dinner, then headed our separate ways.

The trip back was uneventful. Kristen and I relaxed for the rest of Sunday.

No comments: