
The 40th annual Peach Festival was going on in Palisade all weekend. Kristen and Katie ran the 5 mile race on Saturday morning, in some beautiful weather. They were both happy with their time, although Kristen felt semi-pukey once or twice.

Afterwards they took in the sights of the festival. Kristen fought off the pukey-ness by downing some festival grub.

Meanwhile I was holding down the fort back at the condo. I updated the treehouse blog, and did a bunch of maintenance on the home network. Pretty exciting times. I also managed to watch a few bad movies, and I did make it out Friday night with some friends.
Sunday I headed over to the "Muddy Buddy" race at the reservoir. I knew a few people in it, but I never spotted them. The race involved teams of two, one person on bike, one on foot. They had to peddle and run through mud, occasionally having to climb through various obstacles. It looked like people were having fun, although the 3 solid days of rain had really made things really muddy.

Kristen made it back safely Sunday afternoon. We went out to dinner on the mall, and took in the various late summer sights of Pearl Street.
No comments:
Post a Comment