Sunday, April 06, 2008

The weather here continues to stay non-spring like. It's frustrating, you can almost feel the great weather just around the corner, but it refuses to show up.

On Friday Kristen and I headed to Grand Junction. Katie's "Utensil Shower" was on Saturday, and I tagged along to keep Jordan company. What is a Utensil Shower, you may ask? Heck if I know. There seemed to be a lot of ladles and tongs involved. All these bridal showers and wedding preparations are more than a little confusing.

The drive went smoothly, and Katie and Jordan (and Rocco) surprised me with a birthday cake and gift when we showed up. It took me a while to realize it was for me, I haven't given much thought to the upcoming click of the odometer.

The next morning we decided against a morning run, and ate bagels and donuts instead. Katie did manage to hit the Focus with the Jeep on her way out of the garage, but luckily there wasn't any damage to either vehicle.


Kristen and Katie headed off to the shower, Jordan, Rocco and I held down the fort. There was a lot of Guitar Hero played, and we took things pretty easy. Meanwhile the shower shenanigans were in full force at the shower, from what I have been told.


Saturday evening Katie and Jordan hosted a barbeque. There was a lot of food, a lot of people, and quite a bit of beer. We had a lot of fun, and it seemed everyone else there did too. Rocco got a lot of exercise in, and was passed out in the corner before the night was over.

Sunday morning we grabbed some breakfast before heading back to Boulder. Vail pass and the Eisenhower tunnel both were seeing pretty significant snow fall. The mountains are supposed to get some good snow in the next few days, I may make it up for one last day of snowboarding if things pan out.

No comments: