Sunday, April 20, 2008

A busy weekend is behind us. Saturday morning Kristen and I went for a long run on East Boulder trail. The run went well, and I decided to ride my bike back from the trail back to the house, while Kristen ran some errands. The ride was fun, but midway through it I realized I didn't have keys to the house. So I spent a good amount of time sitting on the deck watching squirrels frolic and people walk their dogs.

Kristen eventually showed up, and had picked up my birthday present as one of her errands. She'd gotten me two very nice quarter-sawn oak night stands for the bedroom. They are really nice. Thanks Honey!


Shortly after that, we headed over to a BBQ/Birthday party for Derek, who just turned 2. Matt served homemade bratwurst, hot dogs, and several dishes involving home-cured and smoked bacon. Even though Kristen and I had a big run on Sunday morning, we couldn't help but stuff ourselves.

Sunday morning marked the start of the racing season with the Earth Day 5k. This year only Kristen and I ran it, everyone else was either out of town, too hungover, or sick. Nate, Mary, and Karissa did come to spectate, so we at least had a few people cheering for us. I had an OK time, but Kristen may have run her fastest 5k ever.

A few hours later Allison and "Mad Dog" Maddock showed up. Maddock had recently celebrated his 2nd birthday, so he got to open a few presents. He seemed to enjoy the bubble-blowing lawnmower, and kid-sized Tee Pee.


The rest of the day involved Kristen finishing a final paper for a class, and me hanging out with the cats. We did watch "No Country For Old Men" which was interesting. We've been on a Cohen brothers kick lately, having recently re-watched "Raising Arizona" and "Fargo". Both movies were better than I remember.

The Indiana trip is in a few days, we'll start packing tomorrow. It looks like we'll get some rain while we're there, it'll be a good chance to see how watertight the treehouse is. I'm more than a little excited to get back there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your furniture looks great. I must come and see it. Ma