Monday, March 26, 2007

We had more spring like weather last week. We had a few days in the upper 70's, along with a few days in the 50's. Kristen and I have started up our running training again, so the week was filled with evening runs.

Saturday we were supposed to do a 4 mile time trial, but it was raining and cold, so we decided to sleep in instead. It rained pretty much all day on Saturday, but we managed to make it out to the garden to plant some lettuce and radishes. We have a big order from Burpee in the mail, so we're trying to refrain from planting anything else until that shows up. We had a pretty good patch of chives and cilantro survive the winter, which is pretty amazing, given all the snow we had.

Kristen and I went to see "300" in the afternoon. It was gory, and had too much man-ass for my tastes, but it was still a visually amazing movie. I had to remind myself to breathe a few times. I think Kristen even liked it a little bit.

I made BBQ chicken pizza for dinner, using some of the chives and cilantro from the garden. It was tasty, and it gave me an excuse to hone my skills on the small grill I got for x-mas.

Sunday the weather cleared up, and it turned out to be a beautiful day. Mike and I went and flew our planes around noon. Mike egged me on to try a flip, at which point I promptly crashed my plane. Luckily the damage was minimal, and I should have it up and flying again by next weekend.

I spent the rest of the afternoon in the garage, sizing up the damage to the plane, and re-gluing a few parts. Kristen looked at some spreadsheets for work. We eventually decided we better do our 4 mile run. We ran along the dams of the reservoir, and were amazed at how many people were out.

We met up with Morrissey and Tracy for dinner on the mall, and tried a new Japanese restaurant that was mediocre at best.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet that grill ROCKED.

Pete & Kristen said...

It did rock. I don't think it's rated at the same BTU as it's bigger brother, so I'll just have to cook more patiently.