Monday, April 02, 2007

The weather was great this weekend. We were doubtful, as we awoke Thursday morning to 4 inches of surprise snow.

Kristen and I made it to our running group on Saturday for the first time this year. We'd missed the two previous meetings due to inclement weather and scheduling conflicts. It felt good to get out and run early in the morning, and we both felt a lot better than we did last year when we started. We both dropped down to a slower group, so hopefully we'll both be running with people more our speed.

In the morning, I built up our garden plot a bit, trying to level it out a bit. I was mostly successful.



I then spent a bit of time in the garage working on planes and robot stuff. Here's a picture of the 50 pound drum that will be on our 220 pound robot:



Sunday morning I met up with Mike and Nate and his family to fly planes. There were no crashes, and a new battery I had bought made all the difference in the world in terms of performance. I was able to get a few flips in, a few barrel rolls, and a lot of my confidence back.

Kristen meanwhile attended a garden meeting. The gardening group had hired a guy from CSU to speak about Colorado garden issues. She enjoyed it, and learned a few things.

No comments: