Either the place had been mistakingly rented, or there were squatters afoot. Regardless, after hanging out for a bit, we turned around and drove back to Boulder. It was a very frustrating experience, I'll be curious to find out what happened.
That freed us up to go to a house warming party down in Denver. My buddy Ted and his wife Kathy bought a really run down house, and worked hard fixing it up. It was amazing to see how great the place looked after all their work.
We did a 1.5 hour run today, we're "tapering", meaning that each run is getting shorter and shorter leading up to the big half-marathon run on the 22nd. We also did a bit of gardening, things are really starting to die off out there. We tore out the remaining cucumber plants, but managed to find a few giant cukes hiding out.

I also spent some time preparing for the impending Indiana trip. Trying to buy everything I expect to need, and getting it to the farm is proving to be a logistical challenge. Luckily, Tommy Burkhart was kind enough to let me ship a bunch of stuff to him. Some heavy duty angle brackets have made it there (8" X 6" X 7", .5" thick), and I've just gotten about 40 pounds of hardware in the mail here which I hope to turn around and ship to Tommy tommorrow. I'm still missing the 6" X 1" lag eye bolts that should show up late this week. Those were hell to find and procure, so hopefully they'll show.
I'm sure I've gone drastically overkill on the hardware I'm using, but I figure it's better to go too big than too small. Plus big bolts are just plain cool. Below is a picture of the new hardware, versus the first stuff that I bought.

Watching the weath in Dryden, it looks like Ma & Pa are in for a nice last week up there.
No comments:
Post a Comment