Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Whew!  What a whirlwind of activity.

 On Monday of last week, we released the next big version of our software at work.  Preparing for that, and dealing with the aftermath has kept the office pretty busy.  Luckily, with that out of the way, things should slow down a bit for the holidays.

I took Wednesday off, and headed up to Winter Park / Mary Jane for my first day of snowboarding of the season.  Even though Boulder has been fairly temperate, the mountains have been getting a lot of early season snow.  Things are much better than they were last year at this time.  It was a bit chilly up there, but the snow was unbelievable.  Morrissey and I got a very full day in, showing up right when the lifts opened, and riding them until it was getting dark.  I was sore for several days afterward.


Thursday of course was Thanksgiving.  Kristen had put together quite a feast.  We had 10 people show up, and things went very smoothly.  There was plenty of food, every one got along, and fun was had by all.  Things ramped down around six o'clock.

A few hours later Katie and Jordan showed up with Rocco and Olie in tow.  There were a few tense moments between Zack and Rocco, but for the most part things went well there.


Kristen and Katie took off early on Friday to hit some Black Friday deals.  Jordan and I took it a little easier, and managed to stay fairly stress free for most of the day.  Jordan and I did head out to Disco Friday night, in painfully embarrassing get-ups.  Disco was sort of a bust, but we managed to have fun regardless.


Saturday morning saw Katie and Jordan heading back to Grand Junction.  Kristen and I spent the rest of the weekend cleaning up the house and relaxing.  The cats were glad that things settled down again, and that something that resembled normal life had returned.

1 comment:

ma said...

great outfits. you had have fun