Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Farm Trip

Last weekend I spent I took a few days off to check on the tree house.  I hadn't been back to the farm all year, and was concerned that the door had blown open, a window had busted, or something similar had happened.

Luckily everything looked more or less fine in the tree house.  A lot of wasps had gotten in due to the venting in the chimney structure, and the tree was showing signs of stress, but everything else looked good.  I managed to install the solar panel, putting the last piece of that project in place.  It managed to fully charge the battery every day.  I also hung the inside/outside thermometer, and did a few other small projects around the place.


The weather had been very dry for a long time, so I was able to walk the creek (named "Sugar Creek" on the old maps) from one end of the farm to the other.  Lots of fun stuff to look at.

The first night I got in, I saw the Island Queen cruising across the lake toward a nesting place.  It was a pretty cool sight.  We spent a good amount of time cruising around the lake on the Island Queen in the following days.

We also did a bit of work on the bulldozer, and mulched the old pond that Dad had re-sculptured recently.

It was a great, but short trip.  It ate through the rest of my vacation time for the year, so I'll be enjoying fewer trips until the new year.


1 comment:

Linda said...

Wish I was there-Aunt Linda