Kristen and I enjoyed our second consecutive weekend at home. On Saturday we took delivery of some new furniture for the basement. The giant bean bag wasn't cutting it for seating, so we have a new large L-shaped couch. It's a cheap one, we're still convinced the cats are going to tear it up.
We also mounted the TV to the wall, which should free up some floor space once I figure out how to route all the wiring through the wall into the office.
Saturday night we thought we'd celebrate the new space by lighting our first fire in the fireplace. I got the main flue open without issues, but there's some kind of flapper at the top of the chimney controlled by a chain. I apparently didn't get that open properly, and we smoked ourselves out for a bit.
Sunday morning I headed over to Matt's to continue help build his deck. It's starting to look like a deck, but there's plenty of work to do yet. He's overbuilding the heck out of it, I think you could probably drive a truck onto it without causing any issues.
The weather has turned a bit cooler. September was amazingly nice for pretty much the entire month. It's starting to feel more like fall now, and the Halloween decorations are starting to show up in the neighborhood.
Sunday, October 03, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment