Thursday, June 18, 2009

Crazy Times

It's getting harder to keep up with this thing.

Last weekend was pretty busy. I managed to sell Kristen's Focus on Friday. It's nice to have one fewer vehicle to worry about. Kristen and I headed to Nederland after work. We were running the Rollinsville 5k on Saturday morning, and stayed in Nederland in order to have an easy trip in the morning.

Saturday morning was absolutely beautiful, it was great to be in the mountains, and it made us both realize we need to get out and enjoy them more often. We made it to the start of the race in time, and had a good leisurely run. About midway through the race was a slightly hippie-ish band made up of a tuba player, a flutist, a drummer, a cow-beller, and I believe a saxophonist. The drummer was singing, but didn't know any of the words, so would chant the word "Run!" over and over again in time with the music. Inspiring indeed.

Afterward we headed back into Boulder for a friends BBQ and horseshoe tournament. Unfortunately the weather came up and rained out the horse shoe match. It was fun hanging out with a slightly different group than normal, and it gave Kristen and I an excuse to exercise our socializing muscles, which always seem to be out of shape.

I dropped Kristen off and headed to Casper to help celebrate Brent's bachelor party. I showed up well after the festivities started, which was good for my liver. We did have a good time, and sent Brent off as well as we could. We all stayed up until 3:30 or so, which is getting more difficult every year.

Sunday morning involved a stormy trip back to Boulder. On both the way up and the way back I drove through tornado warning areas. There was a good bit of hail, but I didn't see any actual funnel clouds.

Meanwhile, Kristen had headed out to Keensburg to visit her father. They went for a buggy ride, pulled some rye out of his alfalfa, and talked chainsaws. She took some pictures, but I don't have the camera handy.

At work we've had corporate visitors this week which has kept me busy. Kristen has just headed off for Vegas with her sister Katie. They were both pretty excited when I last saw them. I hope they enjoy the trip!

No comments: