Wednesday, March 18, 2009

This last weekend involved an early morning trip to the Train Museum in Golden. Kristen and I met up with Allison, Joni, and Maddock. We arrived to find the place overrun with children, all very excited to wander around the various trains.


Maddock was pretty excited himself, and would sprint off in random directions yelling "TRAINS!". It was an exhausting couple of hours, Maddock slowly lost steam, and we eventually got him in the car.


On Sunday Kristen went for a big run, I biked into town to grab some lunch and met up with Morrissey. I spent a lot of time setting up the new home computer, it was fairly functional by the end of the weekend.

This upcoming weekend for me involves the big Silverton trip. Silverton is usually discussed in hushed, revered tones. I've heard many whispered stories about Silverton over the years, and am finally going to get to experience it first hand. It should be a pretty big adventure. The "easiest" way down has a slope of 35 degrees, which is pretty impressive. We'll be doing a lot of hiking at elevation, hopefully making it up to the summit of 13,487 feet. We'll see if our lungs and legs can hold up.


Kristen's already rolling her eyes as I practice packing my backpack. Just wait until tomorrow night when I strap the board on in the living room in order to sight in the helmet-cam!

No comments: