Last week was pretty crazy. We had corporate visitors in town for the first half of the week, and the fallout of their visit kept us really busy through Friday. My brain was frazzled by the end of the week. Friday while brushing my teeth I thought I had dropped the toothpaste off of the toothbrush before it made it to my mouth. As I was brushing I looked around the floor to see if I could see where it dropped. Not finding it on the floor, I felt around in my mouth, thinking perhaps that it was hiding out in there somewhere. No luck there. I mentally retraced my steps, and came to the horrifying realization that I'd put face lotion on the toothbrush, not toothpaste. Yuck!
Kristen and I met up with her Dad and Step mom for dinner in Platteville. Bruce told a joke about a woman receiving a fax from her butt, which received a mixture of laughter and rolling of eyes. Later, Kristen and I headed out for a beer with a few of my coworkers to celebrate the end of the week. Unfortunately we were all so burnt that it was a pretty lackluster affair.
Saturday involved going to the mall to do yet more X-mas shopping. It seems to never end. Afterward Kristen and I headed to the mountains to celebrate her birthday. It snowed like crazy on Saturday night, which gave me more excuses to try out the new vehicle on icy roads. It's pretty sweet.
We got back to town early on Sunday. Most of Sunday was spent getting Kristen ready for her England trip. She got all packed up, and was ready to go.
Monday I drove her to the airport around noon. I haven't gotten the "I've arrived" e-mail yet, but I'm assuming she made it. Meanwhile the cats and I have been trying to stay warm. Cody's has had it worse, but we had a high of -4 on Monday.
I love technology. Here's a picture of Aida taken with my new camcorder. The resolution on the thing is crazy. Oops, it looks like this actually a quarter of the resolution that it normally is, I can't quite yet figure out how to get a full resolution picture off of the thing yet.

It can store about 2 hours of video at that resolution at 30 frames per second on a 16 gig SDHC card. Here's a picture of the card next to a quarter. To put things in perspective, our Commodore 64 we had in the early eighties had 64K of memory. That tiny card can store 262,144 times more data than that first computer could.

I was just about to hit "Publish Post" when a strange noise came from the other room. The vacant upstairs condo had a pipe bust, and apparently it just thawed out. The Fire Department was here, I have all my buckets and pots out trying to contain the deluge. Looks like I'll be up late tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment