Sunday, June 01, 2008

Ah, finally a weekend to ourselves. We stayed pretty active, and ended up doing a lot of mountain biking. We're in between sessions of our running group, so it seemed like an opportunity to get some time in on the saddle.


Friday evening Kristen and I did half of East Boulder Trail. It's the nearest mountain bike accessible trail, we can ride to it from our house. Kristen felt good on her bike, and was able to make it up the steeps without getting off. Afterwards we parked our bikes outside the local bar/restaurant, and had a nice dinner.


The next morning I met up with some buddies to ride Walker Ranch. It's one of the more famous paths near Boulder, and I've never ridden it before. Every year I tell myself "At the end of the summer, I'll be in good enough shape to ride it", but I never have. Since a few friends were heading up there anyway, it seemed like a good excuse to check it off the list.

It really kicked my butt. I was by far the least experienced biker there, and the rest of the guys had to wait up for me 7 or 8 times. My legs were shaking by the end of the ride, but it was still a fun experience. It was my first ride using clipless peddles, and I only fell once due to them.


Meanwhile Kristen headed off for a run. It sounds like she had fun, and she set a few new pace goals for herself for the summer. We've been spotting an owl that likes to hang out near the running path, especially in the evening.


Later in the day we headed off to see the new Indiana Jones movie. It was a fun big Hollywood movie, we both enjoyed it quite a bit.

Sunday was a day of rest. We did our various projects around the house until 4 or so, and then decided to ride the entirety of East Boulder Trail. Kristen once again was a trooper, and sweated up the hills without stopping. She's ready to move up to the more difficult terrain.

No comments: