Thursday, May 29, 2008

Better late than never on these updates. Things should be returning to normal around here shortly, hopefully that will make for more timely updates.

Saturday Kristen and I went for a quick run, the last before the big Memorial day race. A little later in the day we headed out to Kristen's brother Clay's place for his wife Shanna's graduation party. Their place is near Ault, about two hours north east of Boulder. I thought Kristen's dad lived out in the plains. Clay has Bruce beat in terms of remoteness.


Clay and Shanna are in their early twenties, which makes me feel pretty old. This was really driven home when one of Clay's buddies offered me a beer, and said "Here you go, sir" as he handed it to me.

Sunday was pretty laid back. Toward the evening we headed down to the Pearl Street Mall to drop a few vehicles off for the night, so that we'd have something to ride back in after the race. Nate, Mary, Karissa, Kristen, Morrissey, Tracy and a few more friends met up for dinner. The mall was pretty happening, the Boulder Creek Festival was in full swing. We had fun people-watching, and watching Karissa run back and forth between parents. She'll be ready to race in a few years.

Early on Monday we caught a ride with Nate, Mary and Karissa to the office. Everyone met up there, we all got into costume, and headed off to the starting line.


We had a large group of people. Unfortunately no one was watching the time, and we didn't make it to the starting line in time. Some people ran to the starting line, and started several waves back, others jumped in the race randomly. So much for running as a group.

I eventually met up with Brendan, Morrissey, and Matt. Last year we'd run the race pretty slowly, stopping for a beer here or there. This year we were even more leisurely, stopping at ever party along the way that we could find.


The weather was overcast and drizzly, but we still managed to have a lot of fun.

Tuesday night I babysat for Matt. Luckily I had a lot of help, and never had to change a diaper. It still was a terrifying experience, I think I'll stick to software development for now.

No comments: