Sunday, November 25, 2007

Happy Turkey Day!

Having four days off from work has sure felt good. Things were getting a little crazy at the office by Wednesday, I hope everyone is well rested. I for one did not spend any time thinking about work this long weekend.


Kristen spent most of Thursday cooking various side dishes for the big feast. This year we went to her father's place, which is about an hour east of our place. She cooked up a metric boatload of stuffing, including one batch of oyster dressing. I had to cut the oysters for her, they were freaking her out.

She also made some stuffed mushrooms that turned out great, and a chocolate pecan pie which was also very good. For my part, I farted around the place, trying to stay out of her way. We did have to make a grocery run, things were calmer at the store than we expected.

We arrived at the ranch around 5, just in time to eat. I was starving, and managed to eat more food more quickly then anyone else, at least initially. I think some of slower paced gentlemen caught up to me eventually. I even had 3 servings of the oyster stuffing, although by the last serving I was definitely done with it.

The highlight of the evening was playing bowling game that was hooked up to the TV. You had to hold the game controller like a ball, then time your swing and release properly. Bruce (Kristen's dad) got so excited that he ran downstairs and got out his bowling shoes, and his bowling towel. It seemed to work, as he consistently won each game.


A boxing video game came out shortly afterwards, and it was hugely entertaining watching two people swing in the air violently, sweating profusely and cussing the whole time.


The rest of the weekend was non eventful. I did a lot of game programming, Kristen e-bayed and did some post turkey day cleanup. The weather was remaining cold, so we didn't make it outside much. It didn't break 30 degrees for quite a few days.


We did make it out to meet up with Katie and Jordan for some cake tasting in preparation for their wedding. It was a fairly painless process, but I think that was partially due to us being hungry and all the cake tasting good. We also visited Muttropolis with Rocco, he seemed to like almost every chew toy.

Our last fish died recently, so we did take the time to clean up the fish tank, and ended up giving most of the gear to the Salvation Army. We continued to pack up other stuff, giving about half of it away, and putting the rest in storage. The place is slowly looking better, but it always seems like we have a ways to go.

We did go to one open house for a "quaint" brick house in downtown Boulder. By quaint, I mean small. It was a neat old house (built in 1900), but everything was tiny. The location was good, the house itself seemed in good shape, but it was too small and too expensive. We almost walked into an open house for a brand new loft right off the Pearl Street Mall, but I chickened out when I saw how fancy the reception area was. I'm guessing the asking prices was well over a million dollars. We weren't dressed appropriately, and couldn't have been unless we first went clothes shopping.


We tried getting the cats to pose for a x-mas style photo. Unfortunately they knew something was up, and quickly hid under various beds and furniture. We eventually coaxed them out, and got them to sit still for a while, but the photos didn't match what we had hoped for.

No comments: