Monday, January 15, 2007

No sleeping in this weekend! Saturday I headed off to Winter Park for some snowboarding. Boulder was supposed to have a high of 8 degrees, but it was supposed to hit 20 in the mountains. Thankfully the forecast was correct, and the weather was great, as was the snow. I finally got to try out the new snowboard, and I like it a lot so far. I wore my GPS watch during the boarding, and recorded a bunch of interesting statistics (at least to me).

  • We descended around 18,000 vertical feet during the 5 hours we snowboarded.
  • I hit 38 miles an hour trying to cross a really flat spot on the mountain.
  • We boarded down 16.25 miles, but rode up 11.5 miles of chairlifts.

    It was truly an epic day of snowboarding.








    Sunday we got up early so that I could start the heater up in the garage. My teammate Ted headed over around 9 and we started working on his 30 pound robot for the February competition in Philly. I'm not sure if it'll be done in time, there's still a lot of work to do.



    Kristen and I did a bit of cooking Sunday evening, and re-watched season one of The Office. While I enjoy the American version, I'd forgotten how great the British version is.
  • No comments: