Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Kristen and I headed to the National Western Stockshow on Saturday. Her dad was competing in several mule related competitions. We got there in time to watch him and Jordan compete in the timed hay-stacking/hauling competition. They posted a 1:42 time, which got them second place in their heat, and possibly a spot in the finals.



We wandered around for a few hours afterwards taking in the sights and smells of the stockshow. I kept my eyes open for any signs of mad cow disease, but everything checked out OK.

Kristen studied and did homework for most of Sunday. I spent most of the day in the garage trying to get new motors into one of the robots I'll be competing with in February.

The garage was pretty chilly. Sunday in general was pretty nasty with a few inches of snow falling and frigid temperatures. It's the fifth consecutive week we've had snowfall. Luckily the cats and Kristen managed to stay warm.

No comments: