Monday, December 18, 2006

We celebrated Kristen's birthday this weekend up at Winter Park. We headed out of town Friday night, ate dinner in Idaho Springs, and ended up at the condo around 8:30. Katie and Jordan met us up there, they'd arrived a bit earlier.

The next afternoon we headed out to the local tubing hill for some sledding. It's been a long time since I've rode a tube down a hill. It was a lot of fun, and the hill was steep enough to really give you some speed by the bottom. Katie lost a shoe a few times, but other than that we escaped unscathed. Here's some video of one of the runs.









After making it back to Boulder on Sunday, I decided to take advantage of a sale at the local board shop and picked up a new snowboard. My snowboarding buddies have been catching up to me skill wise the last few years. I'm hoping a healthy dose of technology will help stay ahead of the curve a bit. We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

le of years since I've ridden a tube. Am I right?