Saturday, Kristen and her mother Joni headed to Estes Park for the Scottish/Irish Highland Festival. They had a lot of fun checking out all things Celtic. Meanwhile, Ted and I went over tree house plans. He has a masters in mechanical engineering, so he had several suggested modifications. I'm having one other person look over the plans for any last minute suggestions, then I'm going to have to go with what I have in order to get things ready for the Indiana trip.
Saturday evening Kristen and I volunteered for manning a run aid station at a race at the Boulder Resevoir. The race was called "24 Hours of Triatholon", and was basically a 24 hour continuous triatholon race. We knew at least one person in the race, and had fun cheering everyone on. Our volunteer shift started at 8 pm, and ended at midnight. We met all kinds of interesting people, from the guy who had just flown in from the alps after running a 100 mile race, to a little old lady who was walking her 4 mile runs, and just enjoying the nearly full moon. She was in no hurry, seemed to be having a good time, and even asked us to smell her peach that she was about to eat.
We'd shifted our long weekly run to Sunday, and ran out near the resevoir. We'd gotten to the farthest point of the run, and it started raining cats and dogs. We've been lucky this year with the weather, so we owed a bit of running in the rain. We laid pretty low afterwards for the remainder of the day, and grilled some burgers for dinner.
I don't have any relevant pictures, so here's a random one:
No comments:
Post a Comment