Sunday, June 25, 2006

It was a quiet weekend, the first in a long time. My friend Joyce was in town, but we never managed to meet up. Saturday was our normal training run, we ran 6 miles around the reservoir, and a little beyond. Kristen and I went and saw "Beyond The Hedge", which I enjoyed quite a bit, Kristen was a bit mixed on it. We ate at Bloom, the food was much better than I remember, but that may have been the 6 miles talking. We then took the rest of the day easy, grilling steaks for dinner, and having a good nap in the afternoon at some point.

Sunday was a bit busier. I finished a letter to Dad about tree house issues. I also CADed up a bike part for a co-worker, and machined a prototype in the garage. It felt good to be back in the garage making stuff, it'd been a while. Around 4:30 we headed over to our friends place for a barbeque. We enjoyed watching Braiden chase around the two cats in the yard. They eventually allowed him to pet them, but it took a bit of warming up.

Another week of work approaches.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Great having this blog. That way we can keep up on our favorite nephew!

Pete & Kristen said...

Hi Jim, Barb, Bingo, and Lucky! Glad to find out you're reading the blog. Now that I know more people are reading it, I'll have to make sure that my posts are exciting!