Monday, June 12, 2006

Kristen and I ran the "Sunrise Stampede" this weekend. It was our first "serious" 10k of the season. The Bolder Boulder involves so much screwing around that you can't consider your finishing time that realistic. I finished in 00:53:08, Kristen finished in 01:13:58. We were both satisfied with our times, but wished we hadn't taken two weeks off from running.

We spent the rest of the day preparing for Morrissey's surprise barbeque on Sunday. We were in charge of grilling, so we bought some bulk meat at Sam's Club.

Sunday was fairly full of further prep for the barbeque. It went off well, we had nice weather, and spent most of the day in the sun hanging out with friends.

Treehouse planning continues. I've CADed up a scale model of the tree layout. A 8' X 16' rectangle fits nicely in the trees. That's much larger than I expected, so that's exciting. I've been trying to research suspension schemes, and haven't found a great online source yet.

Ma & Pa made it back to Wyoming in one piece. Mom sent this entertaining shot of me about to climb up in the treehouse tree. You can plainly see how thrilled I am.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that it is a great picture. Sorry I didn't get one while you were up 16 ft. That is when you would see real entusiasium. Ma

Pete & Kristen said...

Hi Ma! Thanks for sending the picture!