We've been busy doing everything but posting to the blog. Here's a short recap of a month's worth of weekends. We just recently found the camera, so we only have a few pictures here and there.
Four weekends ago?
Kristen and I headed down to the Home & Garden show with the Nedrows. We spent a good number of hours looking at an untold number of booths trying to sell concrete curbs, solar panels, and tile. I eventually settled down to watch some poor guy try to sell cookware. The sales guy asked the big guy in front of me what he thought of when he heard the word "Salad". The big guy answered: "Yuck!".
On Sunday, I put together Kristen's cold frame I'd promised her at Chistmas, or as I refer to it: "Kristenmas".
Three weekends ago?
Kristen and I headed to Grand Junction to visit Katie and Jordan. While the girls hung out and cooked, Jordan and I ventured out for a day of snowboarding. It was Jordan's first, and I had forgotten how truly painful it is to learn to snowboard. Jordan was a trooper, and didn't complain too much. We went out for a big sushi dinner afterward. Luckily, no trivia was played. I have a lot of video of Jordan "eating it" on the snowboard, there's a highlight clip just waiting to be created.
Two weekends ago
Friday I headed to a LAN party to play computer games with a basement full of nerds. It was fun as always. I was definitely one of the leased skilled people there. Back in my day, I would have shown those whippersnappers how to play Quake, but unfortunately those days are way behind me.
I took of the next morning to Winter Park with Eric Telingator. We spent both Saturday and Sunday snowboarding. I ended up with a broken board and a slight concussion, a first for me. We still managed to have a lot of fun. I made a great run with a group of "old guys", they showed me a few parts of the mountain I'd never seen before.
Kristen meanwhile headed to the "Alpaca Extravaganza" in Longmont with Christy Nedrow. They looked at a lot of Alpaca, but thankfully didn't bring any home.
This weekend
Kristen and I headed into Longmont on Friday to hang out in a neighborhood we almost moved to. It was fairly happening, and we had a good meal.
Saturday involved putting the finishing touches on the Cold Frame, and heading up to Nederland for the Frozen Dead Guy days. It was a bigger event than ever before this year. Unfortunately we didn't quite dress warm enough, and headed back to Boulder earlier than we'd like.
Sunday involved shopping for a new snowboard, and a few hours of going into the office.
I'm hoping to play hooky on Tuesday, a giant storm is moving through the mountains tomorrow night. Hopefully it'll make for one last great powder day.
Sunday, March 06, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment