Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Hot Summer

We're roasting here.  We've had a few weeks of 90+ days, it's getting a little old.  The current rental house does not have an attic fan, a swamp cooler, or AC.  The cats often look like puddles of fur, plopped out on the floor in random spots.

Two weekends ago Kristen headed to Grand Junction to enjoy the "Cast And Blast" program from the Colorado Division of Wildlife.  It's a free program for women, and covers the basics of fly fishing, shotgun shooting, and archery.  They had fun, although Kristen didn't manage to catch a fish.

I have some new video/photo software, so I threw the following animation together:





I spent the weekend working mostly, although I had a few guy friends over for a movie and beer on Saturday night.

This weekend involved a trip to Colorado Springs to root Katie on in her half-marathon.  It started and ended at the Broadmoor, which is a pretty swanky looking place. 


My new photo software will automatically stitch together panoramic shots from multiple pictures.  Can you see the seams in the photo below?  I love technology...


Katie ran a strong race.  The course ended up hillier than she expected, which is never a good surprise.
 

Kristen and I hung out in down-town Colorado Springs for several hours afterward.  The parts we saw were interesting, it seems like a nice city.

We're only a few weeks away closing on our house.  Everything continues to be in place, so we're expecting smooth sailing from here on out.  The Canada trip is only a few weeks after that, so things will probably get a little crazy here for a while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when are you guys closing?
bb