We continue to view houses. So many houses... The good news is that we've found another house that we both like. It is nearby, is in good shape, has a large yard, and is in a good location. We're trying to figure out the best way to proceed, either by doing the contract writing without a buyers agent, or negotiating a kick-back from an agent.
It's newly on the market, and we'd offer substantially less than what they're asking, so it's not a sure thing by any means. Even if we managed to arrive at a deal on this house, we'll probably have to move in to temporary housing for a bit. We've been spending time each evening packing up more belongings, and taking them to storage.
I had a bunch of guys lined up to help move the heavy equipment out of the garage, but the weather didn't cooperate. It's been a very rainy/snowy spring here, it doesn't much feel like spring.
We did manage to make it to Grand Junction last weekend to meet up with Katie and Jordan for a race. Kristen, Katie, and myself ran the 10k variation, while Jordan manned-up and ran the half marathon. I think we were all happy our times, it definitely inspired me to get more serious about running.
This Saturday we headed down to Denver since Kristen and I had long ago signed up for a half marathon. It seemed like a good idea at the time, and only cost $20. We both weren't in half marathon shape, but spurred on by my experience last weekend, I decided to give it a try anyway. Our friends Mike & Sharon had signed up too. We met them for dinner on Saturday night, then got up bright and early today to run.
It was fun, although by mile 10 I really wanted to walk the rest of the way. I made it across the finish line with my worse 1/2 marathon time ever, but was still happy I did it. This race is about five months earlier than our typical 1/2 marathons, so I have some time yet this season to whittle that down.
Kristen headed to Dallas tonight for a work thing. She'll be gone until Wednesday. Will I just lay around in my underwear for three days, or get stuff done around the house? Only time will tell...
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment