What crazy weather we've been having here! Last week we were in the mid to high 60's. Really felt like spring. Then on Friday and Saturday Boulder received more than a foot of snow. I was in Portland for business, and stayed over the weekend. The plan was to go snowboarding at Mount Hood on Saturday, but things played out a bit differently.
I'd seen "Super Diamond" a few times in the Nineties, so it was cool randomly find them playing in Portland. My co-worker Mike and I bought tickets, and ended up enjoying the show a little too much.
We woke up a little too late to make it Snowboarding the next day. Instead we drove around the Oregon coast a bit, and took in the sights. That area of the country is pretty cool, it's certainly doesn't remind me of anyplace I've spent significant time at.
By the time I got back to Boulder, Kristen had a bit of Cabin Fever, but most of the snow had melted. Tuesday night we got another foot of snow. The roads got pretty messy, and a co-worker was in his car for over 5 hours, trying to make it 37 miles back to his place. I didn't take any pictures, but found this one on the local paper's site:
Most of the snow is gone in town. The mountains didn't really get hit that hard, and I don't think Kristen is going to let me go up there any time soon anyways.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment