We really thought we were on top of things this year. We were so wrong. We plann on taking off tomorrow evening for Indiana, and the last week has been nothing but chaos trying to get everything together. The house will be a disaster area, and we'll probably forget a few things, but that's the way it goes.
Last Friday I headed to Winter Park and Steamboat with a few friends for a long weekend. I took along a new helmet cam, but only had limited luck with it. It either would fog up, or I would have it pointing too far down. I did get a few good still photos out of it, and a few not very interesting videos.
The snow was pretty good for this early in the season, especially at Steamboat. It was a whirlwind couple of days, and was over before we knew it. Driving back was a huge adventure, Rabbit Ears Pass was barely passable, you could often only see ten feet in front of you. It was somewhat frustrating seeing all the new snow showing up right as we were leaving.
Meanwhile, back in Boulder Kristen hosted the annual cookie making event. Friday night Maddock came over for a sleep over, and Kristen and he made several batches of blank cookies. The next morning a large gaggle of relatives showed up to help decorate them all.
Kristen's birthday was on Monday, and she at least pretended to like my gifts. I did get a few wrong sizes, and the lamp I bought didn't function quite right, so it was a bit of a mixed bag. She seemed to be happy to see the 12 volt electric blanket that is tree house ready.
On Thursday night we met up with Kristen's dad Bruce to do a quick gift exchange. He'd heard all kinds of stories about my fancy Shindaiwa chainsaw, and gave Kristen the chainsaw he had when she was born. She'd asked about it several times in recent years, and was almost moved to tears when she saw it.
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment