We stayed out late (at least for us) that night. Katie and Jordan left early the next morning for Grand Junction. I'm proud to say that after 15 years in the Boulder area, I finally was able to drive to downtown Denver, find the hotel, then make it back to Boulder without a map or asking for directions. In another 10 years I might even be able to determine which direction is West without the help of the mountains.
Kristen and I went for a long run on Sunday. I made 11 miles, Kristen ran 10. Even though we took things pretty slow, we both were hurting pretty badly afterward. We spent the rest of Sunday re-hydrating and sleeping off the pain. We did make it into town for a low key dinner. I had some excellent crispy trout tacos. Way outside of what I'd normally order, but the post run hunger gave me the opportunity to try something new.
We learned last week at work that the entire Wabtec crew at the old office was laid off. Apparently they joked around a bit that the big boss was coming into town to fire them all, and then it actually happened. Maybe years later they will see the humor in that.
1 comment:
So happy that you were not still at Wabtech.
Post a Comment