Nate and Mary had their baby on Saturday. Violet Marie Murra finally showed her face to the world. Everything went smoothly, and she seems just as concerned as her sister Karissa did when she was born.

Kristen and I took it easy on Saturday. We did go into town to check out the farmer's market and to grab some lunch. Things were as crazy as always at the market, maybe a little too crazy to really make the experience enjoyable. We walked around the mall a bit, taking in the sights.
Sunday was another day of work for me, Kristen did some running and gardening. We've both picked up the running a bit, trying to prepare for a longer race. We're looking at running the Louisville Half-Marathon in mid October. That should be a good excuse to make it back to the farm, get the stove pipe installed in the tree house, and go on a run while we're there.
I've started collecting parts for a simple solar power system for the tree house. We're planning on driving to the farm for Christmas, I hope to have a system ready to haul down there. I'll start simply, and just use it to power a reading light and maybe a light for over the kitchen area. It's fun stuff to read up on!
No comments:
Post a Comment