Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Whew, another hectic week. I was in Portland Tuesday through Thursday visiting Greenbrier's corporate headquarters. I had accepted their offer of employment late on Monday, and got to meet a lot of the people I'll be working with. They seemed like a good group of people, and have placed a lot of faith in what we can do for them in Boulder. Building the system they want is going to be an exciting segment of work.

Directly on returning to Boulder, I dropped off my Portland suitcase, grabbed my Wyoming duffel bag, kissed Kristen, and headed to Wyoming for the annual camping trip. They guys were doing about the same as always, just a year older. We re-told the same college stories, drank some beer, and played a lot of horseshoe.


This week involves setting up the new office space. We'll only have 4 or 5 people working in the office in the short term, so the space is fairly small. It is exciting getting everything set up and working, and getting a few new toys.



Kristen and I have been swimming and biking a bit. She has a sprint-triathlon on Sunday, so we're trying to get mentally prepared for that. Hopefully all that lake swimming will pay off!

No comments: