Sunday, May 13, 2007

It was a beautiful weekend, with the weather staying in the 80's for most of it. On Saturday Kristen's mother Joni came down to Boulder to celebrate Mother's Day a bit early. We ate lunch at the Med, and wandered the Pearl Street Mall for a bit. We came back to the condo and worked on the garden.



I built a quick frame for our zucchini and cucumbers to grow on, Joni and Kristen planted a few tomatoes, peppers, and marigolds.

Saturday evening Matt, Nate and myself headed into Louisville to grab a bite to eat and have a few beers. Matt's wife and kids were out of town, so we stayed up late talking about guy stuff in the garage.

Sunday morning I checked in with Ma, to make sure she was still kicking on Mother's Day. It sounded like they had a full day of packing ahead of them, and then possibly a trip up the South Fork. A little later I met up with Mike, Nate, Mary, and Karissa to fly planes. Unfortunately during a high speed series of flips, I folded one of my wings, and had an exciting crash from about 300' up. I ruined a battery, but I'm hoping the rest of the juicy bits held up OK.



The cats had sponsored a Mother's Day lunch for Kristen, so I took her (on their behalf) to a local cafe and had a wonderful brunch. We decided to stay away from the "All you can drink mimosas". A little later we went on a run around the reservoir. The Bolder Boulder is coming up quick, so we've been pretty good about getting our runs in.

For dinner I made a salad from the garden (and a bit of help from the grocery store). I also tried a grilled asparagus recipe from this months Fine Cooking, which turned out great.



Kristen and I have found a house that looks promising on the web. We're hoping to go take a real-life look at it in the next few days. It's outside of Boulder by a few miles, but is on a 3 acre lot, and is up in the hills a bit. It's the most promising one we've found so far, so we're a bit excited.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad we looked at your blog. Sounds exciting. Looks pretty good. Ma and Pa

Anonymous said...

Very nice house (and the garden plot looks great too). We'll come visit.
BB