Sunday, November 12, 2006

Didn't do a whole lot this weekend, and that's the way I like it! It'd been a hectic week. My college friend Brent was in town Tuesday and Wednesday, so those were both late nights. Thursday a group of us headed to the annual Warren Miller movie. It was fun as always, and it really got us in the mood to snowboard.

Saturday was spent working away in the garage. Ted, Derek and I are ramping up for a few more bot competitions, the first one being in February. It'd been months since I cut metal on the mill, thankfully it all came back quickly.

Today Kristen, Morrissey and I ran the Panicking Poultry for the third straight year. We had decent times but were a bit slower than last year. It's always a fun race because they feed you well afterwards and have a huge set of door prizes that they give away. This year they also had free beer, which made for a rowdier than usual group of runners. I won a pink fleece jacket/shirt which Kristen happily claimed. Morrissey won a $30 gift certificate at the local spaghetti joint. Kristen's number didn't come up, but she's won big in the past.



We have another race next weekend and hope to do a bit of running this week so that we can hopefully improve our times.

No comments: