Sunday, July 16, 2006

It took me until Wednesday or so before I felt completely normal again after the camping trip. I could tell we didn't eat much the entire trip, I seemed to be constantly hungry for a few days afterwards.

It was a fairly typical work week. Myself and two other engineers have been sequestered in the conference room, trying to get a new big version of our application done. It's nice being in there due to less interuptions, but people have started commenting on a "funk" in the air when they enter the room. I'm not sure what that's all about.

I started biking into work last week. It's made more fun by the gps/heartrate monitor. Here's a satellite picture of the route, along with my course. It's fun stuff to play with!



We had a 4 mile time trial run on Saturday. We got a relatively late start, temperatures eventually got into the 100s. That pretty much knocked us out for the rest of the day, a few hours in that kind of heat wears you down.

One of the friends I made through the bot hobby was in town for the weekend, Tony Fowlie, so I met up with him and Ted for a huge Indian feast Saturday night. We then sat around Tony's hotel room for a few hours reminiscing about various competitions.

It supposed to be hot today, so we'll probably lay low, doing stuff inside. Maybe we'll venture out to the pool, we haven't been out there yet this year.

No comments: